Saturday, August 24, 2013

Karate Family

We are now a karate family.  When we started Harrison in karate a year and a half ago, I never imagined it would lead to nearly all of us taking karate.  In February Jacen and Caden started.  Jacen had just barely turned three, the youngest age you can start.  They are doing great.  It took Jacen a while to adjust to the uniform, but he doesn't complain much anymore.  Watching him do karate is probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen.  Then, in July, I decided it was my turn.  Although I leave every class with sore muscles and occasional bruises, I love it.  It is a great workout and I get to learn how to defend myself.  After cheer was over for the year, Ashlyn decided she was done with it.  Her cheer coach and quit and she was ready to try something else, so she also signed up for karate.  I am grateful all the classes are back-to-back, with the exception of mine, and we don't have soccer games we have to try to fit in on Saturdays.  It is nice to have most of our Saturdays to ourselves.  I don't have a lot of pictures of the kids at karate, but here are a few.







No comments: